Joints are an essential part of our body that allows us to move freely and carry out our day-to-day activities without any difficulty. However, as we age, our joints tend to wear out, leading to pain, stiffness, and discomfort. This is where joint supplements come into play and same as with other health areas, there’s an incredible amount of different joint supplements available on the market. So it comes with no surprise that many of them promise natural and fast relief from joint pain while the ingredients featured are anything but fast acting or don’t work at the recommended dosage. We analysed more than fifty different joint supplements over two years to present you our favorites!
Our Top 3 Joint Health Supplements
Best Joint Supplements
Benefits of using supplements for joint health
Joint supplements offer several potential benefits for joint health. They can help reduce joint pain and inflammation, improving overall comfort. By supporting cartilage health and providing essential nutrients, these supplements may contribute to better joint mobility and flexibility. Some supplements contain hyaluronic acid, which can enhance joint lubrication and reduce friction during movement. Taking joint supplements may potentially slow down the progression of joint degeneration and lessen the reliance on pain medications.
FlexAgain – The Best Overall Joint Supplement
Joint Health Supplements exist in a very competitive landscape and so to stand above in the way that FlexAgain has is incredibly impressive. There’s a number of ways that FlexAgain distinguishes itself from the pack, but it’s about holding your attention that’s key and that’s one thing FlexAgain does remarkably well with it’s presentation.
Let’s start with what’s most obvious, and that’s the marketing. Now we’ll let you in on a little secret, because it’s not very intuitive initially but basically when you have two products, one of which has an amazingly eye catching, colorful bottle with common marketing buzzwords lining the labelling, and then the other with a simple white bottle that at most might saying something like “clinically proven ingredients”, which one do you think is the most trustworthy brand? Or let’s put it another way… Which company do you think have more faith in their product?
This is where FlexAgain shines, as its simple labelling and branding show that they have complete faith in its formula.
Following this is probably our favourite part about FlexAgain, as they’ve not only researched and developed their formula using the best joint supplements currently known to science, but they’ve dedicated themselves to the science aspect, going so far as to proudly proclaim a commitment to chopping and changing the formula should new research come to light that contradicts a current ingredient. This shows just how dedicated FlexAgain is to providing their customers with the most scientifically accurate and therapeutic in terms of joint health supplements.
Speaking of that formula, let’s take a closer look at it shall we? Its formula contains a whopping 1,100mg of Omega 3. That sounds like overkill, but its actually right on the money and provides your full recommended amount of probably the best joint supplement available. It pairs this with another 10 completely clinically proven ingredients including Vitamin D3 which is vital to bone health, potent anti-inflammatory resveratrol and the pain relieving Bromelain to just name a few.
All the ingredients in FlexAgain
- Omega 3 (1100mg): Omega 3 fatty acids are essential for maintaining joint health. They have been shown to reduce inflammation and provide relief from Rheumatoid arthritis symptoms.
- Vitamin D (15 mcg): Vitamin D deficiency can exacerbate joint pain. Including this vitamin in the supplement helps to address this deficiency, which is common in a significant percentage of the population.
- Vitamin K2 (70mcg): Studies show that adequate intake of vitamin K can slow the progression of Osteoarthritis.
- Ginger and Blue Galangal Extract (250mg): Ginger is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory and is great for joint pain relief. The extract used in FlexAgain is more densely packed with the active ingredients, making it more effective.
- Bromelain (100mg): Bromelain has shown promise as a treatment for Osteoarthritis due to its pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Curcumin Extract (500mg): Curcumin, derived from Turmeric, is a potent anti-inflammatory that blocks inflammatory cytokines and enzymes. It has been found to reduce OA pain and inflammation.
- Resveratrol (100mg): Resveratrol is a potent anti-inflammatory and has been shown to have joint protective effects.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (50mg): This ingredient has shown promise in improving symptoms of pain and physical function in knee OA.
- Glucosamine (400mg): Glucosamine is often used in joint supplements and can help to relieve symptoms of OA.
- Chondroitin (250mg): Chondroitin is often combined with glucosamine in joint supplements as it increases the effectiveness of glucosamine.
- Boswellic Acid (100mg): Boswellic Acids are known anti-inflammatories that can help reduce cartilage damage in arthritis.
As you can see there’s a lot of very good reasons to give FlexAgain your time of day, we really can’t recommend it enough. FlexAgain is available for purchase here.
Osteo Bi Flex – The Best Budget Option
When it comes to the cheaper side of the market is where things can get really confusing, but there’s very good reasons as to why Osteo Bi Flex has our recommendation.
As we touched on briefly before, the presentation of a product is a big indicator as to it’s value, and this is no exception in a budget market. See there’s only really one way to make a product such as this more wallet friendly and that’s to reduce the amount of ingredients, and there’s really only two ways to do this; You either keep all of these amazingly clinically proven ingredients and just reduce the amount of them or you focus up on one or two ingredients that get priority.
The problem with our first option there is that there’s a minimum dosage required for any of these supplements to have a positive effect, it’s quite intuitive once you think about it but the issue here isn’t only in knowing this prior to research but in doing the research yourself, with which many people lack the required knowledge. Many lesser brands are fully aware of this and will quite happily claim to have a myriad of clinically proven ingredients without including nearly enough of them to warrant their inclusions.
This is the strength of Osteo Bi-Flex, as they’ve instead created a product that should actually help to loosen up stiff joints and reduce joint discomfort and pain by including two very well researched and well documented ingredients as Glucosamine and Chondroitin respectively. These two ingredients are often paired together and both play a vital role in the maintenance and proper function of our joints by working to ensure joint tissue, cartilage and synovial fluid are all healthy.
Let’s have a deeper look on the main working ingredients in Osteo Bi Flex
5-LOXIN Advanced is a unique composition derived from the Boswellia serrata tree. The tree produces a highly scented sap that has been valued since ancient times. The extract from this tree contains boswellic acids, with 5-LOXIN Advanced having high concentrations of AKBA, a significant boswellic acid that aids in managing occasional joint flare-ups.
The need for 5-LOXIN Advanced arises from its joint health benefits. Recent studies have shown that modern Boswellia serrata extracts, like 5-LOXIN Advanced, provide potent benefits in promoting joint comfort and overall joint health.
Since there are no food sources of 5-LOXIN Advanced, it must be obtained from supplements. One such supplement is Osteo Bi-Flex’s Joint Shield 5-LOXIN® Advanced, which contains AKBA and has been shown to improve joint comfort within 7 days. The oral bioavailability of AKBA from 5-LOXIN Advanced is significantly higher compared to other commercially available Boswellia extracts.
Glucosamine is a compound naturally produced in humans and forms part of the structure of cartilage. It is an amino sugar used in the body to create complex proteins, some of which are major components of the cartilage extracellular matrix. This complex connective tissue matrix is responsible for cushioning joints and bones.
The need for glucosamine arises as we age and our natural levels of glucosamine begin to decrease, leading to joint concerns. Glucosamine is a key structural component in cartilage and helps promote healthy cartilage and joints. It is present in high quantities in articular cartilage, intervertebral disc, synovial fluid, and other joint structures.
Since there are no major food sources of glucosamine, it must be obtained from supplements, usually derived from marine shellfish. These supplements often come in tablet and capsule forms. A commonly used dosage is 1500 mg per day.
Though there might be better out there in a pinch this product should carry positive effects and as such it’s our best budget supplement for joints and is available for purchase here.
Nordic Oils – The Best Omega-3 standalone
Following on from our previous addition here we present nordic oils, which we recommend as the best omega-3 standalone supplement for joints.
Continuing what we were saying about how to make a joint health supplement cheaper, this is still absolutely true with Nordic oils as you should see and improvement in mobility when taking this supplement, not to mention the ways this reduces joint pain. Another budget friendly way to help regain your mobility, but this is still absolutely the best omega-3 supplement on the market.
They started out as founder and CEO Joar Opheim found that the fish oils available in the US were not only low concentration but tasted awful. He endeavoured to fix this and started Nordic Oils in order to provide fresh omega-3 nutrients to his friends in the US
The great thing about Omega-3 is that it doesn’t just help with joints, it’s lesser known but it also contributes directly to brain health due to the fat that makes up the majority of the brains mass having an abundance of Omega-3 fatty acids. Its use for joints is well documented however, and it has been used as a therapeutic treatment for centuries. Clinically it has been directly observed to reduce the number of tender and swollen joints.
With 1,280 milligrams of high quality Omega-3 with every pill, Nodric Naturals gets our recommendation and can be purchased from a variety of different vendors.
Customer Reviews analysed
You can’t trust what the manufacturers behind your favorite supplement brands tell you, at least not when it comes to their customer’s satisfaction. That’s why at BCR we took our time to analyse hundreds of customer reviews on Reddit, Amazon etc. to give you an honest and transparent idea!
FlexAgain has received positive reviews from customers who have used it for joint pain relief and mobility improvement. Users have praised its effectiveness, with many noting significant reductions in joint pain. Some customers have also appreciated the quality of the product, highlighting that it is made in a GMP certified facility in the USA. However, a few users have mentioned that they experienced minor side effects such as stomach discomfort, which subsided after a few days of use.
- Review 1: The user mentions that they have been using FlexAgain for a couple of months and have noticed a significant improvement in their joint flexibility and overall mobility. They also appreciate the fact that it’s made from natural ingredients.
- Review 2: Another user states that they have been using FlexAgain for their knee pain and have seen a noticeable reduction in discomfort. They also mention that the product is easy to use and does not have any side effects.
- Review 3: This user mentions that they have been using FlexAgain for their arthritis and have experienced significant relief from pain. They also appreciate the fact that the product is affordable and easy to use.
Osteo Bi-Flex has also garnered positive reviews from its users. Customers have reported improvements in joint comfort within just 7 days of use. The product’s high-quality ingredients and the fact that it is gluten-free have been appreciated by many. However, some users have pointed out that the tablets are quite large and can be difficult to swallow. Despite this, the overall consensus is that Osteo Bi-Flex is an effective joint supplement.
- Review 1: The user mentions that they have been using Osteo Bi-Flex for a while and have noticed a significant improvement in their joint health. They also appreciate the fact that it’s easy to swallow and does not have any side effects.
- Review 2: Another user states that they have been using Osteo Bi-Flex for their knee pain and have seen a noticeable reduction in discomfort. They also mention that the product is affordable and effective.
- Review 3: This user mentions that they have been using Osteo Bi-Flex for their arthritis and have experienced significant relief from pain. They also appreciate the fact that the product is made from natural ingredients.
Nordic Oils, specifically the Nordic Naturals brand, has been praised for the quality and effectiveness of their products. Customers have reported improvements in overall health, heart health, and skin health. The brand’s commitment to transparency, as evidenced by their provision of certificates of analysis (COA) for all of their supplements, has been well-received by users. Some users have mentioned that the taste of the fish oil products is not very pleasant, but this is a common issue with such supplements and does not detract from their effectiveness.
- Review 1: The user mentions that they have been using Nordic Oils for a while and have noticed a significant improvement in their overall health. They also appreciate the fact that it’s easy to consume and does not have any side effects.
- Review 2: Another user states that they have been using Nordic Oils for their heart health and have seen a noticeable improvement. They also mention that the product is affordable and effective.
- Review 3: This user mentions that they have been using Nordic Oils for their skin health and have experienced significant improvement. They also appreciate the fact that the product is made from natural ingredients.
|FlexAgain||Osteo Bi-Flex||Nordic Oils|
|Ingredients||Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Hyaluronic Acid, Boswellia Serrata||Glucosamine, Joint Shield™ 5-LOXIN Advanced®, Vitamin C, Manganese||Fish oil products with omega-3 fatty acids|
|Quality||Made in the USA in a GMP certified facility||Gluten-free and high-quality ingredients||Reliable company with high-quality ingredients and third-party testing|
|Dosage||3 capsules per day||2 coated tablets per day||Varies|
|Form||Capsule||Tablet||Softgels and capsules|
|Reviews||Positive reviews for reducing joint pain and improving mobility||Positive reviews for improvements in joint comfort within 7 days||Positive reviews for the quality and effectiveness of their products|
The most efficient ingredients in joint supplements & why you should combine them!
|Supplement||Effectiveness||Safety||Value for Money||Rating|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids||⭐⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐⭐||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
Taking joint supplements is an effective way to improve joint health and reduce joint pain. There are several joint supplements that can be combined for maximum effectiveness:
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin: These two supplements work together to reduce joint inflammation and improve cartilage health. Taking them together can help to reduce joint pain and stiffness.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Omega-3 fatty acids have anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce joint pain and stiffness. Combining them with glucosamine and chondroitin can enhance their effects and provide additional joint health benefits.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D is essential for maintaining healthy bones and joints. It can improve joint mobility and reduce joint pain when combined with glucosamine and chondroitin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin, which has anti-inflammatory properties. Combining turmeric with glucosamine and chondroitin can enhance their effects and provide additional joint health benefits.
- MSM: MSM is a natural compound that reduces joint pain and inflammation by reducing the production of inflammatory compounds. Combining MSM with glucosamine and chondroitin can enhance their effects and provide additional joint health benefits.
While you can theoretically take these supplements separately, choosing a high-quality joint supplement like FlexAgain, which incorporates these ingredients in its formula, can save you time, money, and potential future joint pain. FlexAgain is recognized as one of the joint supplements with the best formula worldwide.
As we learned, joint pain in its various forms is a natural part of going hard in sports, becoming older and simply leading an active lifestyle. However, you don’t need to make them crack every time you move or stand inflammation and joint pain without any relief since there’s at least three top notch aids you can choose from! Just remember to give them a little time to do the trick and start to work and don’t expect pain relief within hours as you might be used to with chemical pain killers! In the rare case of FlexAgain not making it your first choice, chances are you’ll decide for Osteo Bi Flex anyways as its the product with the second most positive customer reviews we could find!